Wednesday, May 5, 2010

me

There's no real point to writing about myself here.

First, I'm not writing for an audience. More than anything else, this blog is to help organize and store my thoughts on political issues.

Second, if there is an audience reading (highly unlikely), I'm not trying to impress them with me. If I want them impressed at all, it would be about my ideas.

And finally, if I should ever finish this process and arrive at suitable answers, then there'd be the question of who is to carry them forward. Which is to say, who will run for office. And if at that point the answer were to be me, well then I do fully understand that voters would want to know about me as well as my proposals. And at that point, and really only at that point, would it make sense to write in any detail about me.

That said, a brief word about "one sincere voice".

I acknowledge that I am "one". At this exact time, I have no supporters. At this exact time, I don't seem to fit well into any particular political slot. At this exact time, I'm just one guy writing a blog.

I am "sincere". I do actually care about these issues. As much as I have tried through the years to focus elsewhere (and indeed I have sometimes really tried), I keep drifting back to politics. And I am sincere about finding "the truth" if such a thing exists in the political realm. I accept that searching for "the truth" may be hampered by pre-existing prejudices of mine. The problem there is that I'm old enough and have lived enough that maybe many/most of those prejudices are the product of truths I've already learned. Prejudices are not necessarily wrong, bad or counter-productive.

And I am a "voice". Whatever truth I have, it accomplishes nothing for no one if I don't speak it. Just like anyone else.